Manhattan Mocap LLC is active in cutting edge projects in Motion Capture, Visualization, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, Crowd Sourcing, and Gaming applied to a range of domains. These projects include: the development of new marker-free motion capture techniques with Lucasfilm's Industrial Light & Magic that have been used in many recent feature films (Avatar, Star Trek, Avengers, The Lone Ranger, and many more); commercial work with digital brand advertising agencies such as Digitas/the Publicis Omnicom group; and creating award-winning interactive features in sports and politics for clients such as the New York Times.
Congratulations to the crew at ILM. Manhattan Mocap is incredibly proud to have helped Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light & Magic on its match moving and visual tracking efforts for The Lone Ranger and Star Trek into Darkness, both of which were nominated for the upcoming 2014 Visual Effects Oscars. Our MMC3D and MultiTrack system is also part of ILM’s Zeno software, which just won the Oscar’s Sci-Tech Academy Award.
Location: Manhattan Mocap, 740 Broadway Suite 604, New York, NY 10003
- Chris Bregler, CEO & Mocap Producer/Programmer
- Jihun Yu, San Francisco CTO & Laplacian Wizard
- Mike Allen, San Francisco COO
- Laura Frost, CFO
- Peter Birdsall, Director, Mocap Production & Software Development
- Damon Ciarelli, Director, Special Effects & Product Development
- Michael Ranieri, Director, Game Development & UI Design
- George Williams, San Francisco Director, Mocap & Crowd Entertainment
- Hao Li, Geschirrspüler, Möcap Fashion Mödel